Sunday 8 May 2016

Was It Meant To Be Funny?

Daddy's Home - Film - 2015 

Dad vs. Step-Dad. 

The two clash in this comedy extravaganza... or they just crash and burn. 

Mark Wahlberg and Will Ferrell star in this (meant to be funny) family film about a dad and step-dad battling it out for Sara (the mother) and the children's affections. 

I will say that one thing I admired about this film, amongst all else, was the subject it chose. With divorce a very common event in our society, step-parents come along with this; being a step-parent is not always an easy task and this film does help highlight this for the whole family. 

If you have read my Sisters review you will see that I pointed out that the film was based upon the cheap laughs of the audience, this one is the same. Although it is a family film, so yes I wasn't expecting a huge amount when I walked into the cinema, I was expecting just a bit more from Will Ferrell especially. Having not seen Wahlberg in a comedy role before, he was interesting to watch however, I feel as though he pulled off his dad character well. 

Although I wouldn't say the film is bad per say. Just incredibly predictable and obvious jokes to go with. I feel as though these two could have been a bit more subtle and clever about their jokes and still keep it as a family film. 

3/10 

It is maybe worth a watch when it becomes available to stream on Netflix etc. but for now I wouldn't be rushing out to buy this film. 

No comments:

Post a Comment