Monday 29 June 2015

Nothing Is True Everything Is Permitted

Assassin's Creed - PlayStation 3 

This was the first game I have played of assassins I've read all the books but when I have attempted to play previously I couldn't get the hang of the controls, so I got better and I felt it was time.
You play the game I Altair he was disgraced and has to earn back his weapons and his rank. The game introduces the basis of the controls and the creed very well. It is very simple and once you get the hang of it the controls really are not very difficult. You have socially acceptable controls such as walking but then you have running jumping sprinting as your second set. The combat system is impeccable I really enjoyed fighting you had to have good timing, you could do a stealth kill, throw knives or a takedown. 

There are plenty of enemies to keep you entertained and because of the combat system you could take on 9-10 at once and still live to tell the tale.

This game takes place in several places. Masuaf, Acre, Damascus, Jerusalem and Asruf.
Masuaf is where the headquarters are with Al Mualim he is your masters who tasks you with killing 9 enemies of the creed. Now the one thing is game is lacking is diversity. The places are different definitely however, in everyone one you do the same things, the same beggars are there and you kill a target. There is no variant it doesn't matter how you kill your target the sequence is the same. 

What this game would have benefited from is variety, they could have made some missions stealth or at least made the target mission different (which I am told they improve upon later in the franchise)
They don't give a huge amount of depth to Altair which again I hear this gets improved upon.

What concerns me is when this game came out before the 'oh well they improve' I'm not so sure I would get a second game without a guarantee it was going to be a least slightly different. 

I enjoyed the places (bar Acre) and the game was good in the sense that it taught you how to play, the mechanics of the game which is good in a first game because I hadn't played any of them so I needed the hand holding. However, I did get bored and this is one thing I despise from a game or any other entertainment outlook. It should not be boring the game was just the same over and over again. There was no motivation to collect the flags as you didn't get anything for them. 

Overall, I would give this game a 4/10 it was fine as a starter but I hope they get a lot better in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment