Saturday 10 October 2015

A Film So Bad I Am Not Willing To Spend Time Coming Up With A Clever Title

Birdemic: Shock Terror (2010) - Film 

Birdemic is a film about ... well you can probably guess. There is suddenly a bird epidemic in a small town, of Eagles and Vultures who kill people instantly if they are attacked - except one the best friend of a main character seems to stay alive long enough to see her and then she dies.

I'm not too worried about spoilers for this film because let's face it not many would probably watch this film. I don't advise it. 

I got told to watch this film by a "friend" a term I am using loosely after spending an hour and a half of my day watching this film. 

The special effects were awful, the guns sounded like something out of a bad arcade game. The birds made an airplane sound when they mysteriously fell out of the sky (think of the old World War films with the bombs and the planes, yup that's the sound the birds made). And the birds themselves when they were attacking well they were just card on strings being pulled up and down. 

The main characters ... well let's just say that my dog could act better than them. There was zero personality in the whole film. The scenes when they had to act a couple a dance scene and a love scene were just awkward and painful to watch. 

The story ... you know what I couldn't even tell you. There are just no words. 

As you can imagine this is a cult film. The actors are extremely small time and the film was dire. 

I watched this so I could write a review as requested and this is it. The film is bad. I will not watch the second one nor will I watch this one again. 

Nothing was good about this film thankfully it seems the director James Nyugen is aware of his poor work and has only created four films that darken our screens. 

If you want a laugh and a film that makes you want to go deaf then this is a treat! 

Alternatively, if you like Sharknado then this may also be up your street. I warn you it has worse effects than Sharknado! 

For the fact that I had a giggle in a few sections, and during the painful awkward dance scene there was actually a pretty good song I am willing to give this film 

2/10

However, this is being generous and I would advise anyone AGAINST this film. 

No comments:

Post a Comment