Friday 25 December 2015

It's Christmas Time....

Unfortunately I wasn't able to post this yesterday however, here is a Christmas post for you all to enjoy on your Christmas Day!

So, today is Christmas Eve and at this moment (7.16am) I am travelling on the train. I have been up since 5.45 (was meant to be 4.45) but I set the wrong time on my alarm, and I am only 15 minutes into a 2-and-a-half-hour journey. Great right!
But, it’s fine it gives me a chance to write and think. Well thinking is not always the best, but, it is giving me time to focus on you, my readers and my blog. (something that hasn’t happened in a while for which I apologise)

So, the point of this post you ask? Well as it is Christmas Eve I feel that I need to do something Christmassy. For everyone Christmas means different things. For kids it means presents. For grandparents is means getting to see their grandchildren. For school kids it means holidays from school. And for people my age, who are stuck in between the excited time and the I don’t really care about Christmas stage, it is a chance to see family that you may not have seen for a long time.

I want you to all think about what Christmas means to you. It may mean nothing. It used to mean very little to me, I used to have to work over Christmas as did my parents. Now? Well I won’t be going back to England for Christmas (flight prices are ridiculous!) but I have reason to be thankful for my 2015. It has been quite a year for me; the start of many things that I hope will continue into 2016. Don’t worry I’ll do another sappy New Year post! And because I feel that it needs to be said, I want you to also think about those who have lost people for Christmas, not everyone has had a good 2015 and this needs to be recognized as well.

Christmas can be the best time, or the worst time for people and I hope that it is the best time for all of you. So, on this Christmas Eve where you are? What are you doing? What are you most looking forward to over the next two days? Doctor Who special? If you’re anything like my mum the annual Christmas Top of the Pops!
I guess the point of this post is that not everyone has a good Christmas. I didn’t used to but I’m hoping that changes this year and for the years to come. But, just remember, it is just Christmas. It is only a time of the year (that yes is religious) but it is only for a period of time at the end of the year. Just remember that even if you don’t have a good Christmas for whatever reason, it will always get better. You have another year ahead of you!

One thing I have forgotten to mention about the wonderful Christmas time is the songs, the films and the decorations. Decorations are being put up everywhere, a Christmas tree in every house. The songs are playing everywhere you go, shops and restaurants, which is the best part if you ask me. And of course the films. I have never been for many Christmas films actually, which I know seems strange, but they’ve just never really interested me as much as they should. I find them quite dull and repetitive, I mean what can you change about a Christmas film. There aren’t that many options.

But I guess what’s important is not the films, songs or even the decorations. It’s just that you should all have a good Christmas.


Everyone enjoy yourself this Christmas, have a nice Christmas Eve and Christmas Day tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment