Thursday 6 August 2015

Size Doesn't Define A Hero

Ant-Man - Film

A bit late I will admit however, saw the new Ant-Man film with Paul Rudd. Despite being a Marvel fan I wasn't hugely fond of seeing this film based upon its trailers. However, I went and what I saw was totally unexpected. 

Paul Rudd played  Scott Lang (Ant-Man) and he was brilliant at it, he had the same sort of humour as Robert Downey Jr where he has quips back every now and then. I didn't know anything about Ant-Man and this film taught me everything I needed to know. How the suit was developed. How he controls the ants (which reminded me a lot of Jurassic World). 

Yellow jacket is the villain in this film and you don't know who he is (you can guess) until very near the end of the film. All of the actors are excellent in this film and Marvel are continuing with their reign on films. (which could change soon) Paul Rudd was an excellent choice of actor and he suits the role very well.

Now as I said the trailers did not thrill me however, after seeing the film I realise that actually the reason being that if much else was put into the trailers it would have ruined the story of the film. The film is extremely story based in that there is not one part if the film that doesn't contribute to the story. 

Now (not that I mind this) the romantic side of films is not an important fact and for this one I did appreciate the one romantic relationship was not shined on throughout the film. Which was refreshing, this is not a film for romance!

Marvel are still going strong with their films and I would personally like to see more of Ant-Man in MCU.

9/10

This film is suitable for all ages in keeping with their other films. The actors were amazing a long with the story. It is a must see for the Marvel Universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment