Wednesday 26 August 2015

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson

I know this book is not exactly new but I wasn't interested in reading it before. I have now finished the first one of the trilogy and I must say I was missing out! (and I now want to watch the film)
The story follows Mickael Blomkhist who is hired by Henrik Vanger to solve an old family mystery. During his mission he ends up working with Lisbeth Salander (the girl with the dragon tattoo). Now you might think this is just another mystery novel...  Wrong!!!

This book has so many twists and turns you feel as if you're on a roller coaster, the mystery and the Vanger family are very intriguing and make you want to keep reading the book. I struggled through the first few chapters but once you're past them the book becomes addictive. Finding out about Lisbeth's life and what she has faced is interesting and mysterious. Following their lives for a period of just over a year you learn a lot about the characters which I love. Stieg's writing is nothing short of amazing, he keeps you interested throughout the whole book and keeps you guessing about the mystery surrounding the Vanger family.

Stieg writes phenomenally throughout the book, going into depth on all of the characters and the mysteries they uncover. A must read for any book lover even if you don't enjoy crime this is still a book you will enjoy.

10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment