Sunday 13 September 2015

Appreciating the Greats

So today is Roald Dahl day and I think days like today are important. They allow us to appreciate the writers that inspired so many, that bring joy to kids and adults alike. 

Roald Dahl was one of the few authors that I read as a kid (although isn't he who every kid reads?) my favourite was George's Marvellous Medicine. I loved that book it was funny, it had a great story and I just enjoyed reading it. I read a lot of his books but until you're older you don't get the real meaning behind his books as the same with many books, TV shows or films. 

As today is Roald Dahl day I just wanted everyone to take a minute and think about which of his book you still remember today? Which one stuck in your brain from childhood? 



George goes about looking for things to put into his medicine (something I actually did as a kid much to the disgust of my parents) and it has some ... effects. The reason why I loved this book so much was because of the curiosity of George, he wasn't a normal child by any stretch of the imagination and it is a lesser well known one of his books. When I have kids I hope they are as curious and adventurous as George, it makes for an interesting day eh? 

Have a nice Sunday :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment