Friday 18 September 2015

Master and Student Walk Side-by-Side Sharing Their Fate Until They Go Separate Ways

The Forbidden Kingdom - 2008 

So after deliberation I decided to watch The Forbidden Kingdom last night. I thought it would be different not very often I watch something quite like this.

The film has both Jackie Chan and Jet Li so you can imagine the Martial Arts fight scenes that are included. The film is about an American teen (Michael Angarano) who is obsessed with kung fu and martial arts. He gets transported back to ancient China to reunite a staff with it's owner The Monkey King. 


The scenery and visuals of the film are pretty amazing China looks very green! Considering it was made in 2008 and the amount of greenery I wouldn't expect it to be CGI either which makes it even more spectacular. 

As ever Jackie Chan has his humour along with his awesome martial art moves. He is immortal with wine as his elixir but still manages to fight strangely. 

I wasn't a huge fan of Michael Angarano I felt he was a little stiff in his role and needed to loosen up a little bit but overall the actors/fight scenes were pretty incredible. 

To be honest there isn't much to be said about this film. It is, what it is. A martial arts film! 


It was enjoyable to watch, I wouldn't watch it again though. 

6/10  

No comments:

Post a Comment