Saturday 12 September 2015

Me, Myself and I

So, someone who knows me read my blog and pointed out that if they had been a stranger they wouldn't know me from my posts. I looked back and realised I never introduced myself so firstly, welcome to my blog, I started it a while ago but as many people who start, it took a while to get into the rhythm but I have now and I think it's time to introduce myself.

My name is Kelly-Ann; when I was 16 and had to decide what I wanted to do at College I had no idea what I wanted to do as a career. Then I turned 18 finished college with subjects that I took because I enjoyed them at school but I still had no idea what I wanted to do in my life. I started working full time, moved out and that was the story of my life for about two years. After one year of studying Psychology I moved on from that idea and decided to turn my love of books into something real. It wasn't until I was 20 that I knew what I wanted to do. So, from this I just wanted to point out that not everyone knows what they want to do when they are meant to, you will figure it out (eventually)

I didn't always love books, the first book I read was when I was 12 and I was on the last holiday I went on with my parents (after that I was left with family), I was bored as my older brother no longer came with us so my mum gave me a 600 page book to read. I loved it! What she thought would keep me occupied for the two weeks only kept me occupied for a few days. It was fiction, Susan Lewis and from then on my love of books grew and grew. I started to read crime for a long time Karin Slaughter, Kathy Reichs, Patricia Cornwell. I was also a teenager so I read teenage fantasy as well like The Vampire Diaries, Mortal Instruments/Infernal Devices series and Vampire Academy. My boyfriend (who I'll come to in a minute) bought me a Kindle for our 3 year anniversary and since then my library has expanded. I read books by authors that I would not normally read because they are free or cheaper on the Kindle. I have the original Kindle Fire HD and I love it! I also have the Kindle App on my phone so I can read anywhere, anywhen I want! So that is my love of my books, if I'm reading I should not be disturbed! And this is what I have chosen as my profession. Why not do something I love for a living? This is what led me to KAEditing (all explained in a previous post) it is now my baby <3

So back to my boyfriend, Sean, he is actually the one who got me into anime, gaming, comics and superhero movies. Before him it seems my life was pretty dull and boring. We've been together since we were 15 (6 years together next month) and I couldn't ask for a better person to spend my life with. We moved out when we were 18 so he could go to university and we have now moved to Ireland (where he is from). We do everything together, watch films, play games and watch anime he is my life and with him I know that I will achieve what I want in my life. He has been into games and anime for a lot longer than we have been together and he has very kindly said that he will do an interview so you can hear his views on games as well. If I say I played a game two player such as One Piece he is my player 1 :)

Now I love anime I have watched a fair amount of anime to name a few of my favourites, Fairy Tail, One Piece and Blue Exorcist. We are currently making our way through Dragon Ball now very nostalgic haha. So anime will pop up on here every now and then probably not reviews but definitely as part of discussions. I love anime and what it represents and I know you do to!

Films and TV shows are also a passion of mine - to be honest most things entertainment are- and films especially will be on here in the form of reviews. I am not a film maker but I love watching films and I know when a film is bad. My favourite time is when the boyfriend and I are at home, it's raining outside, we have a nice hot meal (that he's cooked) in front of us and we have an amazing film on <3 perfect night <3

Games will also appear. Now I have only been a gamer for about 3-4 years it took Sean a few years to get me into it! But my first series of games was Uncharted, I played through the three games one after another and I loved them. I loved the adventure side of the games, I played the first one on easy but I did play 2 & 3 on normal. Sean helped me just a little but ever since these games I have played more and more and got better and better. We have a PlayStation 2, 3 & 4 and I love all of them. PlayStation 2 reminds me of times when I would play with my older brother. PlayStation 3 was when I really got into gaming this is the console that bought me Uncharted and my favourite games so far Kingdom Hearts series. I haven't played the ones on DS yet but I love the PlayStation version and I cannot wait for Kingdom Hearts 3! Then the PlayStation 4 came out and to be honest I personally have not been overwhelmed with the games as of yet purely because either they don't hold interest for me or I haven't played the series yet such as Batman and Assassin's Creed. I do love playing games however, reading is still my favourite past time and I think will always be.  But stay tuned on here for reviews and other game news because it's not just me in the house that loves games and you might even get Sean talking ;)

So, there you have it a little introduction into me and my life. All I want from my life is to make people happy and for me happiness is when I am sat reading a good book or playing a game with my boyfriend. Reading and writing are my passions and I hope to improve and continue throughout my life; I hope that whatever you makes you happy you keep close to you and build upon. Please find all of my links below to Twitter/Facebook/PSN & even Instagram. :)

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KAEditing
Twitter: @kaediting
PSN: TitaniaErza31
Instagram: Titania_Erza31
Email: kaediting31@gmail.com

I will admit that up until a few weeks I wasn't even on Twitter I have never been a big Social Media gal just as a warning I promise to be better!

Well that's all from me for now please feel free to contact me on any of the above platforms talking is another passion of mine! :)

Have a nice weekend! :)

KA xx

No comments:

Post a Comment