Friday 4 September 2015

Gomu Gomu No ... Awesome

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 - Playstation 4

Now let me start off with the fact that I LOVE One Piece. Oda has created a world enriched with loveable characters, amazing powers for everyone and the kind of place everyone wants to be a pirate. I haven't played the second one but I did play some of the first, I didn't really like the first one due to some gameplay annoyances such as the camera. This was the main reason for not playing the second one despite it having an original story (something I will rectify). However, I have now played the third one and let me tell you from the first to this one HUGE, MASSIVE, GIGANTIC differences and they are well amazing!

I played the game as two player but this does not take away from the story or the gameplay.

The game is based upon the Anime/Manga and has stuck fairly closely to the original story bar a few changes which have been made for the benefit of the game. It goes all the way through from the beginning of Luffy's journey to Dressrosa (roughly at the stage where the Anime and Manga are at now) A lot more stages have been included in this one such as Thriller Bark which were not in the first one which puts points on for me. (Although Thriller Bark was my least favourite level)

The maps are incredible, they are huge and allow for thousands of enemies to be on the screen at one time. Which amazingly does not cause any frame rate drop. The game awards you for the amount of enemies you kill as well as the combos in either the Kizuna Rush or the people you and your partner take out together. Kizuna Rush is another added feature which just makes this game, it is so easy to use, you can pick up to five partners and do a special combo attack, each enemy you take down using this also provides you with Beli's allowing you to upgrade your characters quickly.

The coin system which has been in all three games has been refined and it now much easier to use but you still have to use some strategy when assigning the coins to each character.

This game as with the others has massive replayability with the dream log, in which you can unlock all the other characters such as Ace, Moria and Shanks to name a few. You also get rare coins by playing as certain characters on certain levels which you earn the special coin for to give them their second special for instance. This gives you motivation to replay the story levels as well as the extra levels they added through the dream log.

The whole game I played as two player and it was incredible, at no point were there lapses, there was no issue with both of us playing, there was enough enemies that we could achieve an S grade on the levels. With the wide range of characters to choose from I could easily continue playing this game for weeks without getting bored. Each character has been equipped with different moves and specials that make you want to play each and every one of them.

I love One Piece as an anime so the story also appeals to me and I will never tire of going through Luffy and his crew's journey.

10/10

The only thing I could fault the game for was some slight camera annoyances however, it is not worth deducting a whole point for. For the price of the game it is well worth it.

I have continued to play this game and I have now discovered once completing the Dream Log there is a further Nightmare Log (WTF!!!) it's a bit insane, all level 75-100 so we are going through collecting the break coins so we can level up the characters before attempting that one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment