Friday 11 September 2015

What do you do when inspiration strikes?

I had a thought when I was trying to fall asleep last night, I had an idea for a new book (not that I've finished the one I am working on yet) and suddenly all I can think about is my new book idea I even had the prologue forming in my mind. So then I started what do you do when you get a new book idea? It's not a good idea to work on more than one book at a time, quantity is definitely not priority over quality when it comes to writing. Some writers only ever write one or two books in their career. If you start to try and write more than one book your stories may get mixed together, you may get your characters confused and you will find it hard to focus your time. I mean if you've got two going which one do you focus on? So what do you do when you have an idea for a book while you're currently in the throes of writing another one?

Well for me my ideas come to me before I go to sleep which is a pain but it's how I came up with my editing name kaediting, it's how I came up with the story line for the novel I am currently writing and it's how I figured out that the man in my life will forever be in my life. What do I do with these ideas well I am a bed person so once I'm in bed I don't like getting out (especially when morning comes) so as bad as it is, I do have my phone near me almost every night (easy access for morning reading) so I may jot some ideas on the notepad on my phone. Ideas don't usually come to me during the day so I don't have the need for a notepad and pen however, this is how I would deal with my ideas during the day.

I am interested to see what other people find the best way to note down their ideas? How do you manage all of the thoughts in your head? Do you have experiences you would like to share? 

No comments:

Post a Comment